HOW TO RENT AN RV - RV RENTAL. Wondering how to rent an rv for vacation? In this video, learn the things you need to know before renting an RV for the first time. The type and size of RV you pick could have you feel like your Camping instead of a motorhome rental. Also, I’ll explain why renting a recreational vehicle from a place like Cruise America differs from RV Share and Outdoorsy!
DOWNLOAD My RV RENTAL ROUND UP
How To Rent An RV
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you choose the right type and size of Rv for your vacation or next trip?
Before renting an RV, do your research and ask questions like:
- Does the RV come with GPS? (Rand McNally)
- Are there rear and side-view cameras to assist in parking and turning your RV?
- Does the rental offer things like linens, plates, silverware, and pillows?
- What does it cost, on average, to fill up the RV?
- How many miles per gallon should you expect?
- Will a group of your size feel cramped in this RV?
WHERE CAN I FIND & RENT AN RV?
There are several places to rent an RV, all of which depend on your location. But, if you are based in the USA I have two favorite places 🙂
- Outdoorsy - Find rental listings for RVs or rent out your RV at Outdoorsy, with wide-ranging RV listings for rent as well city guides for your next memorable journey. VISIT >> https://www.outdoorsy.com/
- RV Share - Compare low RV rental rates from top brands. Book & save big on RV rentals from private owners. No booking fees, trusted community & best rates guaranteed. VISIT >> https://rvshare.com/
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO RENT AN RV??
The cost to rent an RV is just one of many additional cost to get set up and stay on the road. The price varies depending on the class, age, and length of your rental.
LENGTH OF RENTAL
- Cost per night: $100-450+ USD usually there is a (*Minimum Night Rental 2-3 Days)
- Weekly / Monthly RV Rentals = 10-50% Discount. (*July/August are "peak" season $$$$)
ADDITIONAL RV RENTAL FEES
- RESERVATION & LIABILITY DEPOSITS -- Cost per night: $300-500 up to $1000+ USD
- INSURANCE - Check with your auto policy to see if a rental is covered if not, expect to pay $25-50 per day at the rental company.
- TAXES -- Every one pays taxes! Ask ahead, but plan on factoring in some % to taxes.
- MILEAGE -- Typically allowed 100-150 miles per day. You pay additional fees for excess milage driven.
- GENERATOR - If you use the generator, they calculate the hours. You are given 4 hours daily and pay for excess usage usually.
- PETS - Some places charge for traveling with pets and some don't allow it at all.
- UTENSILS & LINENS - If you don't bring your own sheets, towels, and kitchen ware you will need to rent some. (Est. $25-50+ )
- *They may also charge a CLEANING FEE (Est. $100-150) check for additional charges at the RV Rental provider.
FUEL - Gas/Diesel for Driving and/or Propane to operate the Generator, or to get heat, hot water and cook!
WHAT TYPE OF RV IS RIGHT FOR ME?